Anna-style injury GPOY.
I still can’t believe I broke my wrist. Or that I got stitches on my knee. A few minutes before my spill, I distinctly remember thinking to myself how this particular trail was not one you would want to fall on because of the rocks. Yet that’s exactly what I did. And the 2.5 mile walk back to the car was long and painful.
Today my wrist felt better. Still in a bit of pain but not as bad as yesterday. My knee, however, is worse. It is bruised, tender, swollen. It hurts to walk and it oozes clear liquid from the deep cut. Who knew trail running could be so life threatening?!?!
Hopefully tomorrow I will get to see the orthopedic specialist I’ve been referred to. This guy specializes in hands and is apparently the best in the state. And if all goes well, I will leave his office with a cast.
Wish me luck!
42 Notes/ Hide
- lostweightgainedlove said: All the luck
- lostweightgainedlove likes this
- thatssowoolard likes this
- fitterisbetter likes this
- westcoastrunner likes this
- healthydynamic said: Feel better!
- lifewithkim said: I love that you can still manage a smile! Praying for you Jose.
- lifewithkim likes this
- livelongtrainhard likes this
- sayhellotocindy said: Good luck!!!!!
- sayhellotocindy likes this
- thisfearlesslife likes this
- runsforredvelvet likes this
- danielleruns said: I want to hold you.
- dawnversion2point0 likes this
- 1lbatatime-1dayatatime said: Best wishes for a FULL recovery…which isn’t always a speedy recovery…but FULL is the goal !!
- seemissmjanerun likes this
- runningforme likes this
- runwithrach likes this
- justabunchofmemories86 said: I hope you heal quickly!
- deanaisfindinghergroove likes this
- turtleseyeview likes this
- pattidoestris likes this
- beachyrunner said: Good luck! That knee though…hope it’s one of those looks worse than it actually is situations!
- aheartofiron likes this
- thereluctantrunner said: Bummmeeerrrrr
- rookcanrun said: Good Luck! I hope you feel better soon!
- shortmom likes this
- sabineslife said: Hope you are right handed?That would suck worse if you weren’t. Hope your knee feels better! I took a spill in Madrid & I know how achey that can be….especially when you’re old.
- sabineslife likes this
- theskinnyongettingthinny said: Praying all will be ok! What a huge bummer! :(
- theskinnyongettingthinny likes this
- melanietris said: Glad the wrist isn’t too painful, but yeah, I bet the knee is going to be tender for a few days.
- michaeldoeslife likes this
- sunshineandhipline said: Feel better! And just remember, chicks dig scars.
- andrejsg said: running trails scares me like this all the time.. if something happens, i’m out for triathlon season.. get well soon!
- regainingmymoxy said: D: good luck!!
- mar-kicksass likes this
- amy-running likes this
- chrisrunsoldschool likes this
- keepingupwithmcjones said: Good luck!!
- josethompson posted this