CT scan done, surgery imminent.
I am sitting at a Starbucks killing time before I meet Dr. Frazier with my CT scan images and I want to puke.
I looked at the images of the scan and I am 99% the bone doctor will tell me I need surgery. The fracture occurs almost in the middle of the joint, and there is a significant gap in the bone fragments. I also have a small shard that broke off on the top of my wrist, which explains the swollen lump.
My heart sank. And all I kept thinking in my head was “FUCK, I can’t believe this shit!”. I’ve lost all appetite. The Full Moon 50K is difinitely not happening now. And all this endurance that has taken months to build up will be significantly decreased.
30 Notes/ Hide
- runningwithguts said: :(
- thatssowoolard likes this
- aheartofiron likes this
- yearwon said: Ugh, I’m so sorry to hear this news Jose.
- keepingupwithmcjones said: im so sorry, Jose. This really really sucks :(
- kungfucaveman said: Sucks, man. Sorry to hear it. On the bright side, maybe they’ll put a foley in you during the surgery. Maybe you should ask for one, just to be sure
- chrisbiketri said: Bummer. :-(
- shortmom said: so so so UNFAIR!!!!
- healthydynamic said: Boo. Wasn’t expecting to hear this.
- melanieisdoinglife said: Oh man. I’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully it will heal quickly.
- sabineslife said: Hey, look at the bright side! You’ll be able to run again. It could have been a lot worse.I know it sucks in the mean time, but maybe it’ll be helpful to just be thankful that you’ll still have the ability…just a little later in time.
- pattidoestris said: Keep your chin up! You’ll be as good as new before you know it. This is just part of your personal story that will make a great title in a chapter of your life.
- lifewithkim said: I’m so sorry Jose! I understand your frustration with not being able to run the race you have been training for. It sucks! Just worry about getting healed up, then maybe we can talk about you running with us at Rocky in February:)
- chrisrunsoldschool said: ugh. This hurts my heart. I feel for you man.
- robbsrunning said: That is really a shame Jose. That does suck indeed. As having a shoulder injury I should get fixed, I totally know how you feel.
- sayhellotocindy said: I’m so sorry to hear this, Jose :(.
- runningwithpump said: Sorry to hear that. Keep fighting.
- robownslife said: I’m really sorry man … Hang in there and keep your chin up. There will be plenty more races, and your endurance will come back. One day at a time bro.
- kristysfoodandfitness likes this
- kristysfoodandfitness said: That sucks… I’m sorry :(
- thisfearlesslife likes this
- lostweightgainedlove said: So sorry Jose. But thank heavens we live in a day that it can be repaired.
- mar-kicksass said: :(
- lostweightgainedlove likes this
- sunshineandhipline likes this
- sunshineandhipline said: <3
- josethompson posted this